When you hit the road in your vehicle, there are certain things that you expect. Two of those things are a comfortable ride and to have control over your steering and handling. Both of these things are affected by your steering and suspension system. And when either is compromised it can put your safety and the health of your vehicle in jeopardy. At O’Bryan Automotive Repair, we offer all the steering and suspension repair services you need to stay in control of your vehicle.
Steering and Suspension System
The steering and suspension system is made up of many components that all work together. Anytime one of these components is worn, damaged, or loose, it affects the performance of the entire system. While suspension systems can vary between different makes and models of vehicles, most systems include:
- Shock Absorbers
- Idler Arm
- Pitman Arm
- Ball Joints
- Tie Rod Joints
- Control Arm
- Steering Gear Box
Like we said, that is a lot of components that all need to work properly together to give you optimal control over your vehicle.
Steering and Suspension Maintenance
The easiest way to ensure that all of your steering and suspension components are in good working order is through simple steering and suspension maintenance. Your steering and suspension maintenance schedule should include:
- Taking a few minutes each month to examine your tires and check your tire pressure as well as inspect your tire tread for abnormal or accelerated wear.
- Get your tires rotated and balanced as part of your auto service routine
- Make a wheel alignment appointment with an expert mechanic like O’Bryan Automotive Repair
- Pay attention to how your vehicle feels and handles when you are driving
- Have your suspension system inspected by a trusted mechanic for signs of leaks, damage, and wear
Steering and Suspension Repair
As with most vehicle issues, if your suspension system is showing signs of trouble, you should address it as soon as you can in order to prevent further damage and trouble. Some of the signs that it is time for a steering and suspension repair appointment include:
- A rolling motion when you are turning corners or changing lanes
- A feeling of looseness or wandering when you are steering
- Difficulty controlling the direction of your vehicle
- Uneven or accelerated tire wear
- Feeling every little bump in the road
- One corner of your vehicle is sitting or sagging lower than the others
- Pulling to the left or right
If you notice any of these signs of suspension system trouble. Call O’Bryan Automotive Repair to make an appointment today.